View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 06:00 PM

Default question about PT update renewals

I've written to AVID support twice about this issue (on 9/3 and 9/9). Both times, my query was ignored. Perhaps I'm writing to the wrong people/department, however, if that was the case, I'd have hoped to at least been given the information I needed to direct my question to the correct area.

Here's my issue...
Back when AVID raised the yearly cost of the update and support plan renewal on PT vanilla from $99 to $199, I purchased multiple years at the $99 rate. My vanilla plan is currently paid up through Sep 18 2027 (although in fairness, I only actually purchased through 2026. That last year was added when I registered my Carbon in May).

I now have PT Ultimate through my Carbon and I plan on keeping that rather than reverting back to PT vanilla at the end of the year. So my question is: Can the money I paid for the PT vanilla update and support plans be moved over to my PT Ultimate account? I currently have $500 worth of yearly updates paid for in advance. I'd be very happy to lose those in exchange for a single year update for Ultimate.

I don't know if any of the AVID guys here can answer that but maybe one of you can direct me to someone who can.

Much thanks.