View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 07:22 AM

Default Re: legacy PCI-based Pro Tools system to Pro Tools|HD Native card program

You can now trade in your PCIe card, as it's now considered a legacy system. Some dealers have already done this, you may want to check with yours.

To other question, I know the Mix cards work, because that's what I did. You'll have to check with your dealer about anything older, but I'm thinking that it's okay also.

For anyone who's doing the HD Native trade-in, only your core card is needed. Any other cards you can sell on ebay, etc. No need to give more than you have to. The exchange is from a core card to the HD Native card.

Also, not everyone knows that there is also a hardware interface exchange, separate from this, that's been going on since September. You trade in a legacy interface (I think even the old 888's will work, or the blue ones, etc.) and get $1000 off of any of the new HD interfaces. With the HD IO 8x8 or 16x16, you also get a free copy of HEAT. This will be useless in HD Native, but you could sell the brand new package to someone with a TDM system, offsetting your costs a little.