View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Feature request section here vs AVID Link

[this reply crossed Chris' last post. but Avid Link is not stable and not trusted...]

Chris you seem a little out of touch with the reality that Avid link is a steaming buggy mess and you just seem to be ignoring that kinda important issue. That's the whole reason for this thread. i.e. Given it's a buggy mess what is the answer for reporting feature requests to Avid? So how about addressing that issue?

Many of us will not install Link bloatware on our systems, it's another suspect badly done buggy piece of crap, sadly like many new things Avid tries.

[Edit and no it's not fixed its still buggy...]

Avid has been all over the place in past years with managing feature suggestions, using third party web tools etc. and all that seemed a failure. So now the plan is to stick this on top of a inherently buggy platform? Who is making these decisions?

Edit: there is also something suspicious here with replying on tools for this. Who are the Pro Tools product managers? They should have a very good feel from just talking to customers, reading DUC and other forums etc. To some extent these "submit feature requests" are performance art, if you folks really need them something is wrong. (I have decades of high-tech product management experience and just scratch my head at all this).

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 08-04-2022 at 06:59 PM.