View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 06:19 PM
Avid

Default Re: Feature request section here vs AVID Link

Hi everyone.

Feature requests can be submitted using Avid Link. I worked with the Avid Link team to make changes to the Link Lounges a few months ago, and would like you to try the process below.

One thing to note however, and I can't stress this enough... The good changes we made are NOT visible if you are running an older version of Link. So go to your Link app, or go to the Download Center, and get yourself onto the latest version. In fact, there was a new version released today - Link 2022.7.1.

1) Launch Link version 2022.4 or later.

2) In Link 2022.7.1, you'll see the new three-dot menu in the upper left corner. In there, you can click "Customize Toolbar". Make sure "Lounges" is checked. (And yes, as you'll see, you can now uncheck some of the tabs on the left, in order to remove the additional tabs you don't want to see anymore.)

3) Click on the Lounges Tab. We've renamed them. The three at the top are for Pro Tools. "Pro Tools - Get Help" is a Lounge that the Community Team monitors constantly, and you can use it to get our help in creating Support Cases. The Lounge called "Collaborating and Creating Music" is more for high-end discussions between professionals. "Share My Music" is all about posting stuff you've worked on and letting others get a listen. But as you'll see, the one at the bottom is called Feature Requests. If you click on that one, you'll see Pro Tools.

4) Add your feature requests here. and here's the trick -- Do you see in the top right corner where it allows you to sort by "Most Recent Activity"? Go ahead and change that to "Number of Likes". That allows this Link Lounge to behave like a voting system, and our internal staff can see your favorites.

Now... There's one issue with this implementation, and I would LOVE your help with it... Do you see how many times "ARA Support" is listed by numerous users? It would be wonderful if everyone would take a moment before posting their feature request, and see if someone has already done so, and then simply vote on theirs. Having a dozen different posts requesting ARA2 is fine, but it clutters the place up, don't you think?

Many of you will remember when we implemented Ideascale. This was a paid service Avid used for a time, but was only intended to be a temporary implementation because Ideascale costs money to set up and maintain. We implemented it, we got what we needed, and then we ended it. Then, we put that money towards the internal development resources to implement the requests that everyone gave us. It was a terrific service to get us up-and-running with a new agenda of requests, but we're now done with it. It did its job.

So, now we have this process with the Lounges - which is free to us, because it is our own product. Plus, it is monitored by me, by our Community Team, and by the product managers themselves.

The DUC forum here doesn't have the proper tools to implement a voting system in the way customers would expect it to run. So for now, please use the Lounges. Plus - don't forget that you can also use Link on your Smartphone.

I hope that clears a few things up. As usual, feel free to comment below, or to email me directly with any comments, concerns, or ideas. Hit me at [email protected]