View Single Post
Old 01-31-2021, 04:14 PM

Default Re: legacy PACE License Support crashes Windows 10, couldn't install Pro Tools 11 (RE

Hello , wow . I'm so glad to find this discussion about these BSOD with windows 10 . First of all, I'm sorry for my english ( French guy here) so be indulgent .

Well , i just bought a new Windows 10 x64 Pc . I was running on Windows 7 x64 with Pro tools 10.3.10 .

I just did all the same things that you've done . Installing pro tools 10.3.10 and having an error when loading files as from BF76 ....... ( BF76 and other AIR plugins )

I saw a lot of people saying to load the PACE version found into OLD INSTALLER and i just did the same .

I've got the same BSOD and couldn't recover from it for hours . Then i found that Windows 10 made a restore point somewhere BEFORE i made this install .

Now , i'm stuck with the New PACE installed , but not allowed to use my old plugins . It's realy a PAIN and i dont understand why Avid or Pace doesn't try to resolve this . Unless they want us to upgrade ( cost money ..)

I just found that someone here (RJH) were able to bypass this problem by reimaging with Windows 10 1703 , then upgrading again .

Could you explain to us Point by Point how to do that? I already have the latest update from Win 10. I don't know how to go back please .

Help !! thanks !!