View Single Post
Old 04-17-2005, 09:13 AM

Default New to MIDI Using PTLE With MBox

The situation - I've had MBox for just over a year and it's come in real handy for creating backing tracks, etc. Recently my drum machine has crapped out so no more using it. Figured I'd get up with the times and check out this MIDI stuff.

I now have Drumkit From Hell Superior and I bought an M-Audio Uno MIDI Interface. I have a basic Casio keyboard that I want to use for the MIDI input and I've figured out enough to get the MIDI tracks up and record MIDI sounds into PTLE with DFHS playing back - BUT I think I'm still working with this stuff wrong.

Is there anyway to tell PTLE what key should be routed to what drum, etc? Where it stands right now, it seems very haphazard and unorganized. For example, the very lowest key on the keyboard will hit a bass drum and then right next to it is a crash... and I'm just like 'what???'

Finally I have a feeling I'm recording this stuff all wrong. DFHS came with a tutorial MIDI sample for PTLE and it seems like it was created much better than anything I can seem to start from scratch. I can't seem to find any good documentation on MIDI in PTLE for dummies.

Okay, enough rambling from me. Any help or point in the right direction is greatly appreciated. Thanks!