View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 07:03 AM

Default MBox 1 Installation Corrupts MBox 2 Installation. Any Ideas Short Of Reinstalling OS?

I recently had issues installing the MBox2 on a number of computers which previously had an MBox1 Installed. No matter the computer, if I had MBox1 installed, when I uninstalled PT and proceeded to install the MBox2 on a fresh PT installation, the DRIVERS FOR THE MBOX2 Series (all, MBox2, MBox2 Pro, MBox2 Micro, etc) would NOT INSTALL. No matter what I did! I could use the PT Nuke utility, check for left over files, etc. NOTHING WOULD WORK.

On the same computer models which NEVER had PT installed, if I'd install an MBox2, it would install seamlessly, leading me to believe the installing an MBox1 would corrupt a future MBox2 install on the same machine?

Is there anything I can do, any files I should be looking for? Any folders I should be looking for in addition to uninstalling Pro-Tools to install an MBox2 on the same machine short of reinstalling the OS? These are school computers and I can't reinstall the OS without Tech Guys coming in (city policy).

Which files or registry keys are being left over which are preventing the MBox2 from installing?

Thanks.
Pro-Tools 12
2.5GHz i7 Quad Core