View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Digi 002 makes noise @ low buffer settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
Good.
:)
Quote:
Probably not a ground loop. The fact that it changes with the buffer size tends to make me think its related to the Firewire chip or FW board in the 002. Have you tried a substituting a known good FW cable?
yup, plugged in a brandnew firewire cable this morning, same problem..
Quote:
The paradox here is that you make no mention of DAE errors so I assume PT itself is running okay without a large number of unexpected errors? If thats the case it points to the FW chip/controller board working fine. Although the noise may be some type of component breakdown thats letting digital grit or clock noise or some other type of electrical interference into the audio signal path. Do you have the 002s clock set to internal. You should.
I do have some buffer problems but that's more likely to be caused by unoptimised windows.. PT is running pretty okay..
I've just reinstalled XP because I was working on Win7 that didn't like the 002.. :P
Quote:
But have you unplugged everything but the 002 and a pair of headphones? Computer>002> Headphones....Turn off the amp, unplug any MIDI Cables, external drives etc. The idea here is to electrically isolate everything but the computer, the FW cable and the 002
Hmm.. Headphone is only mono... that's no good, but in any case, no hiss, squeaks or noise on headphones... (with only the absolute necessary connections i.e. firewire and ac cord)
Quote:
Ah but your MBox2 was USB.....I'm reading it as the MBox2 worked fine with the current monitoring system, Speakers, Amps, Cables? Nothings changed but the interface?
correct!