View Single Post
Old 08-19-2002, 07:00 PM

Default PTLE play back problem - possible loss of clients...

hello everyone, I'm in a little bit of trouble and I can't seem to get past this particular hurdle. I'm currently in the middle of 3 seperate recording sessions and was just about to get started mixing them. Protools has been working great these last 10 months without a major hitch, but now I am just stuck.

Everything works fine, up until I attempt to play the session. It doesn't matter if it's 1 track or 24, it just locks up. I've defragmented my drives and scandisked them as well. I have plenty of space available on all of my drives too. I close everything running in the background, so that it is just protools that is running. Sometimes I get a fatal error message, other times i have to ctrl alt delete out of the program. It acts as if it's trying to play it but after awhile it just dies. I can play files through my digi001 while protools isn't open, like mp3s and such. like I said before, up until a week ago, it was working great.

here's my setup:

protools 5.1 le , windows ME , 256 pc133 ram, asus motherboard, 30 gig maxtor HD, sblive 5.1 soundcard

please let me know if you have any suggestions. at this point in time, i'm just searching for the light at the end of the tunnel. any and all help is much appreciated!

thanks,

-gabe