View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Unable To Locate Avid Hardware.

Hey Dustin,

I am in the exact same boat that you are in. And unfortunately my friend, I have some bad news...I've been researching the crap out of this problem for the last week and Avid doesn't officially support its hardware with El Capitan. I realize there's not much consolation here other than waiting for Avid to fix it. The only other course of action that you have is to contact Avid about it and see if someone there can help you out.

Now, with that said, let me tell you what I tried...I attempted to re-install Yosemite on my Mac, which was a no-go because once you have El Capitan on there there's no chance of installing an older OS on your machine. What else...oh yeah, I used my MobilePre in a live setting and there is an update I think that broke it. I was doing fine in El Capitan until that update and now my hardware isn't recognized on my Mac. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers but get an error when performing the uninstall. To say that it's frustrating is an understatement, but the silver lining is that there are a TON of us out there with the same complaint, so my hope is that enough of us complain to Avid about this, so they will finally get on the ball and put an update out for El Capitan and we can get on with our lives. Until then, we are stuck in limbo man. I feel your pain.