View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 11:52 AM

Default Memory running low, try to increase AAE's memory size.

Skjermbilde 2022-06-23 kl. 19.54.58.png

Skjermbilde 2022-06-23 kl. 20.13.51.png

I'm enjoying playing around with old sessions from when I had a real studio. Stuff from 20+ yrs ago, so you can imagine these are really light on the cpu as in those days audio dsp was at a totally different point in development. Also, First thing I do with these sessions is strip them of every plugin, reroute and so on, to mix them again. No VI's initially, just audio.

If I keep a session open for hours or perhaps days, working on it now and then, otherwise it sits idle in the background, I'll eventually get the 9013 error. All I have to do is save and close the session, open it again, and it's fine. But it is consistent, I get it every other day.

I don't think I've ever seen this specific error before. And I've certainly never increased "AAE's preferred memory size". How do you do that??? (I remember when you would set how much memory an app could use in the 'get info' box in Finder, but that's a loong time ago.

The only significant change in my setup lately is gong from a Command|8 midi controller to an Artist Mix with Eucon. It might have started after that. Not shure.

Activity monitor says cpu is low, so is memory usage. Almost never swapping.

This is just a minor inconvenience, everything else is working fine, just thought I'd mention it.

"Please increase AAE's preferred memory size"?

(And for those who wonder; yes, I like to have lots of stuff running all the time and yes, I do use this machine for lots of things beside PT, because I can, and the mac can handle it. Great technology should be used and pushed, I think.)

Added: I've tried different disk cache sizes, as well as 'Normal'. Makes no difference, it seems.

Last edited by Ben Jenssen; 06-23-2022 at 12:05 PM.