View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 09:27 PM

Default Re: what means hdx card finally tuned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Don’t make up your own “facts”.
I’ve literally upgraded over 40 HDX cards made before 2014 with no issue. Multiple times over many years.
You had a bad situation. Doesn’t mean anything globally relevant. And using weasel words like “sometimes” but then presenting absolutes is not a cover.
Please chill. I used “sometimes” deliberately, as my AVID tech used that exact word. He explained the perils of buying used cards as one can not be certain if the hardware had been damaged, but most cards were pretty durable. I relayed a factual story. Call a hardware tech at AVID and ask (978-275-2555 is the number I called). My tech’s name was Nino, very capable chap. We did all the troubleshooting more than once with no luck, so off the card went to AVID. Anyway, my card was returned to me in working order and I’ve updated the firmware successfully at least twice since. I’m totally pleased with AVID. Jeffro and I even spoke on the phone a couple of times in the past - nice man. Sorry you got upset reading my post…a little out of character for you. Please read my post again. I will factually state once more that buying used cards sometimes does not work out as one would hope.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited by nsureit; 02-05-2023 at 09:56 PM.