Thread: iZotope RX10
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 06:16 AM

Default Re: iZotope RX10

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
Perhaps it's significant that there is no thread on RX10 a week after release. How the mighty fall... when Pro Tools Expert gives it the thumbs down you know you're in trouble.

I downloaded the demo. Speech to Text is useless. But the new Spectral Recovery did occasionally produce great results in the low end on speech. It's hit and miss (as is so often the case in NR), it seemed to me that when fixing a gradual LF roll-off it coped better than an abrupt one (though I also had to massage lower mids with EQ afterwards. Listen out for general graunch along with boosting the fundamentals, sometimes its minimal, sometimes overwhelming.

But overall that's two majorly disappointing RX releases in a row. Meanwhile Acon go from strength to strength, and Waves Clarity was a remarkable surprise from out of nowhere. What else are people turning too these days?
I TOTALLY agree with you guy about a lot of this. Also the Clarity thing is working great on a current project. It works as advertised. Whatever they are doing under the hood and with some crafting, I was able to use it on this new series I am doing and it totally sped up my workflow here. I have been using a bit of RX9 and some of 10 in some cases, but the less and less. RX is still a good tool for the clicks and pops etc. that are troublesome, but for the most part not really needing to go there. YUP, Spectral Repair, not really what I thought it would be. Repair Assist PlugIn for in the session? Not really great either. I think Sonible has better AI to be honest. That's what Izotope needs to work on. Just grabbed Ozone 10 Advanced update for $149 as well at midnight PST and installed. Not sure I'll use it this week on this job, but might compare it with Ozone 9 and check back. Also I noticed there is NO Standalone in the Ozone 10 Advanced version and looks like from what I read that there will not be for the regular one? Can't tell.. Something about a subscription based plan for access. Too bad. Sometimes the is handy on a laptop for me to fire off compliance masters to someone.
G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS