View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools and M Audio is completely failing me...severe help needed

So I'm getting pretty desperate at this moment. Like I said earlier, Im willing to buy a new interface, but I would like to see if this problem occurs on someone else's system. I'm not talking about my interface popping and going nuts in general, just its ability to read certain files. My interface has never misread any audio files on any session and all of the sudden, it has trouble reading a certain section of vocals on ONE of my older sessions...it makes no sense. It sounds like files are corrupted, but i can play them from the audio files folder just fine. Its like the corruption is written in the waveform that pro tools is reading or something. Is there a place that I can upload my session so others can download it and listen and try to figure out? I know it can't strictly be my interface because once i get it working, it plays every session perfectly, except this one.

When I first created this session, months ago, there was never a problem with this corrupted audio file thing. It went into my time machine when it was clean. Today, I went into my time machine and copied the earliest session i could find back onto my computer and it still has that corrupted sound. I also found that if i reimport my audio files, they play fine, but this wont work as a solution because I can't line the audio back up with the song and there have been hundreds of edits to each region that I can't possibly each one. Also, I have found that some of my eq plugins from one track were copied over the eq of another track. Its like everything got totally messed up in this session and only this session. Even in my time machine, all the copies are messed up, even though they were backed up when this session played completely fine. This is so crazy...