View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 02:38 PM

Default Re: To Delete or Not to Delete...that is the question

LOL

I know exacly what you are talking about

We have installers and sample packs and samples from all over the planet along with old sessions with large wav files attached so I feel your pain.

We just got a fourth WDC 3TB 7200 rpm drive and shoved it into an ice expansion USB3. Then I started on a long winding journey to catalogue all these files, installers, samples, bundles, old bouced MP3/Wav and so on and now all these files we thought we would never use again are nicely awaiting a re-visit for the future

I had songs and bouce files from songs dating back 12 yrs on 2 old Lacie 250GB drives that I found to be very nice and was really happy we still had those recordings along with all the wav files etc.

I mean all the installers from PT 6 and up are also on this new WDC and should we need to use any of them in the future we know where they are. I saw several members this past year asking for installers from everything from 6.4 and up thru 7-8-9-10 and having everything on the same drive makes us feel at ease with everything.

Also you never know when you wanna pull up something old or samples that you thought were never gonna be in style again seeing that music seems to go in cycles with the "old" 70-80's feel coming back with artists like Daft Punk, Bruno Mars, Josh Groban, Calvin Harris, Justin Timberlake and many many more so keeping everything is really worth that 100 + - dollars a big nice clean drive cost.

This is just our take and I am sure there are others who do it differently but we have really talked about how great it is to have all these files on the same drive and in catalogues so they are easy to find for the future.

Best Regards and have a great weekend w/Halloween and whatnot

Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————