View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 02:18 PM

Default To Delete or Not to Delete...that is the question

Apologies to Shakespeare for the subject heading...

I guess I've always been a bit of a packrat. I mean, I have old files everywhere in my house...in file cabinets, but you know the story...why do I have them at all.

I do the same thing on my computer. I ran into disk space issues last week when I was installing the new PTIEP 2.0 and realized I had used up all but about 32gig of my 500gig C drive (my PT sessions are all on the 1TB D drive). So it got me thinking about what do I really need to keep. I had my original downloads of PT LE 7, 8, 9 and 10...not to mention several other programs like Melodyne, Waves, etc.

And then I'm loaded to the gills with large WAV files of sound samples, plus bounce outs of takes of projects.

What do you guys do? Do you keep all that stuff? Delete? Or bounce over to a separate USB drive and delete of C drive?

I've tried to keep my studio PC "pure"...meaning its never on the internet except for downloading updates or online authorizations. And, besides being fully optimized, I don't have anything on it that isn't studio related.

I'm not having any performance issues with PT...but I would like to be better organized with my files and such. Open to suggestions. What do you guys do?

Thanks - a recovering packrat!