View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 11:32 PM

Default Re: Problem with recording MIDI piano sustain pedal

Hi !
I just tried to solve the problem. No luck ! Moreover, I also discovered, that I am not able to manually edit sustain pedal data. I simply cannot move the starting, and ending point of sustain pedal curve in edit window. What's going on ? I'm in a slip mode, and the line just doesn't move ! I wanted to "hold" notes just a little bit longer on the sustain, till the end of the bar. To my surprise I couldn't move the pedal release point any further... I also discovered, that in the PT Reference Guide there is NOTHING about editing MIDI controllers entries. Shame on you DIGI !!! Not that I need it, but for a little bit more of the "professionalism" on your side I would suggest to look through the manual, and write missing chapters ( provided that someone from DIGI reads my messages). The only way I can change the point of release the sustain pedal message is by typing the value in MIDI event list.
Am I missing something ? Why can't I just "drag" the point of release in edit window ? It works with the starting point ! I can move it earlier,just fine, but I can not keep the sustain pedal "pressed" longer, unless as I said, I enter manually a value in MIDI event list.
Chris7514
P.S. I'm going back to Cubase for MIDI recording