View Single Post
Old 12-09-2021, 02:49 AM

Default C|24 built-in headphone output

I'm now almost definitely going to buy a C|24 and I'm looking at patchbay design and stuff I might not need to have on the desktop any more.

So my question for C|24 users is this: can the built-in headphone output go seriously loud with 80 ohm headphones, and do so without being noisy?

A lot of my work is audiobooks, which are always tracked on headphones and at what would be ear-bleedingly high levels if you were tracking anything else (because you're punching in on the ends of breaths and so forth). At the moment I'm plugged into my Behringer 8 channel rack mount headphone amp, and it goes stupidly loud without any noticeable noise. If I have the C|24 in front of me, can I use that instead?

Also, where exactly is the headphone socket? I can't find a picture of it. If I want to 'sink' the C|24 slightly into the desk surface and have keyboard and trackpad in front of it, can I still get at the socket?
Apple Mac Pro 6,1 late 2013 2.7Ghz 12-Core Xeon E5, 64GB RAM, D500 Graphics, OSX Monterey 12.7.1/Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12/Presonus Quantum 4848 Thunderbolt 2/Digidesign C|24/Focusrite ISA430 MkII/SPL GoldMike