View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 10:08 AM

Default Re: MIDI punching not creating New Region

Thanks for the response! That hasn't always been the case, though. Take the example of someone playing MIDI piano. They get 3/4 of the way through the chorus before making a mistake. I would set the punch point at the beginning of the chorus and punch them in. If I liked the first part of the chorus from the previous performance better, there would be an edit line on the clip at the beginning of the chorus where I punched them in. I would be able to take the trim tool and pull their previous performance from the punch point just as I would be able to do with an audio clip. Now, it doesn't give me an edit line at the punch point so I can't pull from the previous performance and massage the punch point. It just adds it into the clip as if it was all one performance.

Again, if you do create an edit line with Command E BEFORE you do a punch, you can do what I'm describing and pull the previous performance from underneath the new one. That used to happen without needing that extra step. It's definitely something that happened in the update. I've confirmed with two other engineers that PT 12 is set like this and that wasn't always the case. Thanks!