View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 10:10 AM

Default Re: MBOX Studio problem: crackling noise when booting up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novae Studios View Post
Hi JW, it happens not only when booting up the system, but also:
  • when turning MBOX on, while speakers are already on
  • when system is up and running, and I have to reboot my computer. the moment my mac connects to the Mbox Studio, you get the bursts.
  • when I launch Pro Tools after computer is booted up
  • selecting the MBOX Studio in the Playback Engine settings, when other hardware was selected while booting Pro Tools
  • when I log in and out of my user
  • when changing audio device in macOS system audio preferences (going away or towards the MBOX)
  • when opening Apple Music or any other audio software that connects to the MBOX.
Since "MBOX 2" and "Digi003" and every other interface I used since 2010, if I mess around with power and connection with my speakers ON, I would feel pretty stupid and/or worried. ESPECIALLY with the Digi003 in the professional studio from 1980s turned audio school in 2000s.

I bet SOMEONE has turned on a console with phantom power on, and speakers, and heard a pop, and DID NOT break the mic, who decided "you can do that ok."

So, nuff said by this situation to me. If you hear problems when speakers on and you are changing the audio input and output device, simplest bet is muting the speakers or powering down.

This equipment isn't really "meant" for consumer device hot swap.

Just saying, in these situations I totally expect the result and have for more than a decade. It's fool's hope to hot swap with never a problem.
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //