View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 04:01 PM

Default Issue with Kontakt in Pro Tools 2018

Hello to everyone, this is my very first post. I am somewhat experienced with Pro Tools, having been a user since PT9.

Today for the first time I came across an issue that I spent nearly 6 hours trying to fix and have searched up and down for a solution. I use kontakt Player with drum sample libraries and route each drum to its own track using multi-outputs. Up until today I could route to 16 stereo channels. In the kontakt window this would show for example the kick drum as stereo out 1|2, the snare as 3|4 etc all that way up to 31|32. I could then route new stereo instrument tracks with a kontakt channel as an input.

When opening a session I discovered several of the drums weren’t playing so I checked the outputs and was only mysteriously only able to route 10 stereo outs and not 16. I have tried my usual routing method in both ableton 9 and Logic Pro x. It seems to work just fine on both of those DAWs. I have the very latest versions of both PT18 and Kontakt 5. Is there some sort of option in PT that allows me to recognize a 16X stereo plugin, much like logic, which allows loadable routing output options when selecting a plugin to load?

* I have already contacted Native Instruments about this issue and they suggested trying other DAWs, as that worked for me, I came here for further assistance!