View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 03:05 AM

Default Swiched to Mac, now have missing plugins

Hello,

I’m a former PC Pro Tools 7.3 user who just switched everything over to a Macbook Pro. On the PC I started out with 6.4, and eventually upgraded my way up to 7.3 before recently buying the Mac – and everything works ok except I have 3 plug-in related issues on my new Mac…

1) Additionnal plug-ins that I’m installing aren’t showing up in Pro Tools, such as Amplitube, Sampletank and the T-Racks EQ. The funny thing is that on the title screen with the progress bar & text saying what component is loading, during the “loading plug-ins” part, the names of those 3 plugins flash by along with the others, as if nothing should be wrong! But once in the program I’ve tried using both Audiosuite and inserts on all different types of tracks but they don’t show up in the plug-in list at all for me to choose. Is there something I can do to fix this?

2) I need to find a way to get the EQ II and compressor, gate, dyn II etc. plugins (from 6.4) back into Pro Tools on the Mac like they were on the PC. When I upgraded to 7.3 on the PC I had to move them from the unused plug-ins folder back into the active plug-in folder to get them to work with 7.3 once I upgraded, but I have no idea how to get them to my Macbook’s Pro Tools. I tried copying them manually from the PC’s plug-in folder to the Macbook’s but that didn’t work, I don’t think they’re cross platform. Any ideas? I know they’re older plug-ins but I have active sessions which use them and I really don’t want to have to replace them with newer plug-ins and have to adjust the parameters all over again.

3) I have Reason 3.0 installed and on the PC it showed up on the plug-ins list in Pro Tools but it doesn’t on the Mac. I think this may be because I installed Reason BEFORE Pro Tools so I’ll try uninstalling and reinstalling Reason to see if that helps, but I’m not sure if it’ll work.

Any help on these would be appreciated, thank you!