View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Deliver Mix Sessions to platforms Amazon / Netflix / ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Committing the SFX per track will alleviate the ability for anyone else to pull out individual effects files from the session that originate from the library.

This basically leaves them with your original “mix” session with ability to only change levels per track. Everything else is baked in.
Thanks for your take on it!
Except this method still leaves a mountain of Auxes and signal chains thereof that would remain in the session, which some have argued here includes the intellectual property of the mixers (eg how to to achieve a certain sound). One could either give all that up and pass it on to clients as well as their QC houses to have fun with it ("Who wants to have Skip Lievsays Fuzz chain from Gravity, which I just found in a session I was QC'ing?") or one could strip plugins from all Auxes as well, making the whole session sort of useless as it wouldn't output the mix anymore. I assume the client would be happy with this though, given they will never really use it anyways...

Or did you mean commit any track, even Auxes/Routing folders and so on? I think that would create an insanely large amount of data for a big atmos feature or even series.
I think my go-to order would be:
1. Decline the mix session request due to rights issues
if they kept pushing:
2. Offering stem sessions or just the reverb auto for localization
3. Deliver Mix session with commited audio tracks but all plugins and aux chains stripped