View Single Post
Old 03-05-2023, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Deliver Mix Sessions to platforms Amazon / Netflix / ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
If you’re delivering music stems to the dub stage for a final mix of a show then this process is not necessary. These are not deliverable requests from the composer. Only for final mix of the show.
Let me re-phrase this since I was not clear here:

It depends on what my involvement is. In some cases I have had to provide more that just music for example and send whatever they need me to. Sometimes I have done a number of things on the project with my team here and it also might be more elements with prep for the Re-Recording mixer at the stage. I just provide what the job requires, which what I meant to say-:)
Of course if it's music then they tell me what they want. Smart Post, Burbank, CA had me just send a ProTools session for them with everything in the timeline for them to just load in, which they seemed to like it that way and that was for a full length feature. I did not include anything but baked mixes and FX or EQ's that I did for things that I wanted, so that they would not change, but nothing like a master bus with tons of compression that they never want. They do that there.

That's one way it happens, so I just do what they want, but I guess it's a bit off topic here-:)

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS

Last edited by gives; 03-20-2023 at 09:32 AM.