View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 09:22 PM

Default Re: Problem Installing my 11R Expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezshreds View Post
Well that's going to be fun calling america from Australia lol.
Hopefully the wait times aren't too long.
For the other guys having issues
Have you guys reinstalled windows since originally setting up your eleven rack? Because I've been thinking (more like getting frustrated) trying to work out how a serial that I've paid $100 for isn't working considering I'm copy/pasting it directly from my account page. The only think I can think that would cause the issue is that because I've reinstalled my windows since orignally setting up the eleven rack is that my computer would now have a new computer ID?
If you guys haven't reinstalled windows then I'm stumped, but I'm trying to get as much info as I can before I call them.
I'll try give the buggers a call tomorrow, and hopefully I can come back with an answer for you guys.
Cheers
-Pez
I am pretty sure folks in Australia will be talking to Singapore (or Japan?), can't remember exactly where they call now. They should be able to work it out.

And to try to be clear. The firmware (i.e. second step) part of the Expansion Pack works only from one computer. Once you use it there you can only run it again from there. You can only run it to upgrade one Eleven Rack from that one computer. That's all tracked on-line by Avid. If you reinstall the OS it looks like a different computer to the updater's authentication system and it will fail. That is well discussed on this forum and easily found by searching here on the exact error string. But the error string you get there should be somethign like "You have reached the maximum Allowed Activations for the Serial Number" (I think) - at least is should be obviously different than if your are entering invalid registration strings. And if you do have to reinstall the OS or swap out computers, contact (i.e phone) Avid support - they can fix the "new system" problem for you. Hopefully there should be no charge.

And again, a reminder on Windows to uninstall IE9 if its installed before running the Expansion Pack -- That will cause hangs/other problems not invalid serial numbers.

Darryl