View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Ready to upgrade - which version of Pro Tools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Kelly View Post
Curious to know how your install and updates went?
I’ve been using my PC with windows 10 and PT 11 for the last bunch of years, and it’s been working out well....
Looks like Tubthumper’s impressed so far:
https://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=...2&postcount=11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
... PS I'm super surprised by Win 10 and PT 2021.3 - PT works pretty much as I expected, but it looks and feels better, I like the visual fade-in and-out of the dialog boxes and menus, very suave. And the Midi Editor now pops up under the Edit window - really convenient. Dark mode did my head in at first.
But Win 10 is wowing me, I have it on my 10 y/o old laptop and it's krap, slow - it's the laptop itself that's sluggish. On my music computer it's very snappy, looks great, Bing is a revelation, everything looks so much better, and runs "as quick as". Classy all 'round, which surprised me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Kelly View Post
...I’ve been thinking of buying a reinstatement code to jump me up to PT 12.
... Plus, can you tell whether Your reinstatement code allowed you to keep the license for your older PT versions, as well? ...
You lose/surrender the license you’re re-instating – but your subsequent (new - latest version) of Pro Tools license gives you access to most earlier versions via in the Avid Download Center: https://esd.avid.com/accountlink.aspx

If you can’t see what you want (if it’s earlier than Pro Tools 12.6) - get a free ASC Code (Case Number) from your Avid account and nominate which version you want -

Login to your Avid Master Account
Under “My Support Center” click on:
“Access the Support Center (Portal)”
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * Studio One Pro 6.6 * Harrison Mixbus 10 Pro * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 & Air 32 MINI * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock * 3 TB Samsung SSDs * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop & 24” BENQ LED GL2450-B & Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor