View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 07:15 AM

Default Re: Promo for perpetual license holders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLetMeDrown View Post
You say you don’t understand, but you do. The point is, it’s not a good deal, but people were trying to understand if it is.
No the point is, whether it's a good deal or not,,, is subjective to the individuals situation, and is probably not universally or objectively "not a good deal"

For just one example ::: if for business, someone was planning on going to the subscription model for simplification in writing off the cost every year ( I know three pro studios who did this) , then this promo is a reasonably good deal to move that way. Or if like several producers I know, who have decided to go to subscription to be able to opt in and out of PT at will on a monthly basis, this promo might be a reasonable way to go that direction it's basically the cost of 3 months of subscription but you get the entire first year .
Or if as in the FAQ you have a perpetual license but let the annul upgrade/support expire (AND) you want to be able to use the latest version you can do so for $100 off the annual subscription price for a year.

Ok I suppose some could be confused, I thought it is fairly clear from the info . But I do not understand all the angst about it ,,, either choose that option or don't... ???? What the info says to me is , you can keep the perpetual (frozen if expired or not renewed ) and would then be moving to the subscription model for upgrade and support .....

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 09-12-2021 at 11:19 AM.