View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 12:21 PM

Default Screen freezes. Still.

Well, crap. (Heckuva a way to start a post!) STILL getting those “every 30 second” screen freezes. Win 10 20H2 build, PT Ultimate 2021.3, Nvidia Quadro FX1800 card (which I’ll swap out for an M2000 at some point when I’m less annoyed, although it does this with every video card I’ve ever tried.) I’ve gotten rid of OneDrive....Avid Link, Avid Cloud services and Avid reporting are gone, and disk indexing is unchecked on all drives.Even the keyboard response occasionally has about a 1-2 second delay in it. I’m not sure if I should be looking at a glitch in the Windows update (it only does this in Pro Tools) or something stealing a resource every 30 seconds, and Pro Tools not liking it? I’ve seen this kind of behavior when I accidentally left a blank disc in the dvd burner, but it’s empty. This is a major work-flow killer, and I’m running out of colorful metaphors. Sorry to keep beating this to death, but there’s gotta be SOMETHING silly I’m missing here. (Shoot, the ancient MAC at one of my freelance jobs with PT10.3.8 is smooth as silk.) Ideas?
Thanks!