View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Avid Control Frequently Disconnecting with Silicon Macs

The router we're using is a TP-Link Archer A6. It's capable of gigabit ethernet speed. I've done network speed tests using a 2nd computer attached over the LAN and can confirm that it can reach these speeds. The ethernet cables are 7 foot long Cat 6a cables of a good quality from a distributor we trust. We use these same cables for a Dolby Atmos RMU and have had no connectivity or speed issues. We're connecting from the host computer to the router from the ethernet port on an OWC thunderbolt 3 hub.

I've gone ahead and entered some manual speed settings into my network settings on the host computer based on the info I have on my network and its capabilities. Screenshot is attached. I've also verified that I've done all of the troubleshooting steps recommended in the articles you've posted. I'm also updated to EuControl and Avid Control 2022.12 on the host computer and the iPad respectively. After about 1.5 hrs of work today I'm unfortunately getting identical results as I was before. (Avid control occasionally freezing / showing no meters. Close/reopen of the app kicks it back into gear)

I'll also note I've also had this identical behaviour on a different router, and on 2 other Apple Silicon notebook computers. The only system that did not have this problem was a 2018 Intel Mac mini 6-core running Catalina.

Thanks again for your attention on this. I do have a ticket open and this is mostly intended to function as a cross-post so this information is publicly available for others running into the same problem
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 12.47.25 PM.jpg (24.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by audiogamble; 01-29-2023 at 10:00 AM. Reason: image attachment