View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Track Commit workflow question (commit to new playlist?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swethington View Post
I think in my case that wouldn't really be an issue because I'm using the 'commit up to this insert' feature rather than committing the whole track - I don't think I mentioned that in my original post. So any plugins that might be inserted after Melodyne (which is the first insert) aren't being processed in the committed file anyway.

For me, once vocal tracking is done and we've settled on a final comp I'll tune that one (I don't tune all the other takes) and then do the commit/copy to new playlist thing. Personally I prefer having all the takes on a single track and I don't really worry about what playlists are tuned or not once I'm done (for one, I know only the comp is tuned, and if I do need to pull something from a different take I'm not really concerned whether or not it's been tuned as long as it works better than what was in the comp - but this doesn't happen often anyway). That's just my workflow though.
Yes, makes sense - I'm certainly not against it being implemented if people think it's worthwhile