View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Hardware Insert No Signal

What I can just make out from the fuzzy photos of the screen is it looks like you are trying to use mic/line 3 as input on a track while concurrently trying to use it as a line 3 out to line 3 in to drive a hardware insert... you really likely don't want to do that (even if the intent is to track without the EQ then reuse the same input as an insert at mix time). Hardware inserts need their own I/O pair to work between and you should set this up as simply as possible, KISS: Keep it Simple and Stupid.

Please don't take crappy photos of the computer screen, use your computer to actually take actual high resolution screenshots.

And we don't have any idea of your experience here, but something that has come up in the past is confusion about real hardware inserts (e.g. in mic preamp hardware) when tracking and Pro Tools hardware inserts. Do you have an outboard mic preamp? Is so and all you want is hardware EQ when tracking then simply wire your the EQ box in line after the Mic preamp. if you are tracking with a Apollo 8x preamp then again I'd just suggest you use plugins in the Console or in Pro Tools.. especially given chances to combine with UAD mic modelling. You are very unlikely to beat what can be done with a suite of UAD mic and EQ plugins.