View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 08:43 AM

Default HDX Classic / Hybrid engine low latency bus routing question

Hi HDX users!

A question from a native user to HDX users:

When I have a virtual instrument routed to a bus and record enable the virtual instrument, will that create a low latency path for the aux (when hybrid engine is enabled on that aux or if the session is running in HDX classic mode) the virtual instrument is routed to. So that I have the same low latency playability as when the virtual instrument track is directly routed to the monitor out?

I'm asking this because pro tools has a huge delay compensation bug when plugins like LFO tool, Soundtoys Tremolator, waves pumper are running completely out of sync, once there live plugins in a pro tools session that add sample delay. (for those interested and working around this, currently filed by AVID support as pro tools bug PT-263943 as critical)

Routing tracks with such plugins to a bus will do the delay compensation on the bus and keep the sample delay low or even zero depending on the plugins inserted on the tracks I have these type of plugin on and that's my current work around for this problem.

However, when working with Pro Tools ultimate natively, because of the bus catching the sample delay compensation, I cannot play virtual instruments routed to a bus without having heavy latency.
Really curious how this works in a HDX setting, as I'm investigating to move over to a HDX setup.

Greetings!
Robert