View Single Post
Old 07-05-2021, 05:51 PM

Default Projects Won't Open / "Please install any available updates and try again."

I started having issues operating ProTools First on my ancient laptop, so I figured I'd update and bought a brand new laptop PC (Windows 10 with plenty of RAM and super-speedy processors). I installed the Avid link, iLok liscence manager, and the latest version of ProTools.

Now I can't even open a project. The program starts alright, but when I tried opening a project with one of the templates I got the message:

"Project cannot be opened. The latest version of the project may have been uploaded by a newer version of Pro Tools. Please install any available updates and try again."

I exited the program, restarted my PC, and saw the project was listed as a started project. When I tried to open it I got the same message. When I started a project without the template it actually opened for a whole second before shutting down. Exited and restarted. Tried to open that one, and got the same message.

I have installed the latest updates with no success. Very discouraging. I deleted the program from my laptop and uninstalled/reinstalled it on my PC. Still nothing. Avid tech support sent me here. Can anyone help me? It took almost a year to become proficient with the program, and when it works I am very happy with it. I don't know what else to do.

Thank you.
G