View Single Post
Old 10-17-2022, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Output Menu Inconsistent with Outputs Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I believe that I am having the same issue. I have a set up that has both the Presonus Quantum and Quantum 2 as the aggregate I/O. In the I/O set up page the number of inputs are correct, however as you look at the I/O I have 9 analog inputs, then the SPDIF (2), then the ADAT (16), then what would be the Quantum 2 but with 5 analog inputs, etc. And the outputs follow the same problem, with an odd number of analog outputs. That throws all of the inputs and outputs past the first 8 off in choosing stereo pairs, and there is no way to change or move the choices in any menu that I have found.
I have trashed prefs, upgraded firmware, software, even OS. I am hoping that someone will be able to help.
It's hard to follow what is happening without clear screenshots. How to share those is discussed above. Post the I/O setup pages and your Audio/MIDI setup aggregate device.

Your profile says 2021.7 so you have a 64x64 CoreAudio IO capability and that won't limit a Quantum aggregated with a Quantum 2.

Besides all this as I explain already in this thread the names you see in I/O setup and the I/O selectors don't actually mean anything. You can change them to whatever you want in I/O setup. If this is not working it's likely that the driver is providing wrong names. Just check what I/O is actually what with test signals and edit them in I/O setup and save the names. Things may or may not change properly as sample rates change and the number of ADAT I/O available changes, so do all this at the sample rate you want to work at.