View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Output Menu Inconsistent with Outputs Available

This is really a waste of everybody's time with you posting bits of IO setups screens. This is all very likely something you are doing wrong. Like maybe you are unintendedly bringing in PIO files with sessions. We cannot tell with screen fragments.

Find a file sharing service, like Google Drive, and share on that high resolution screenshots showing the full dialog panel for setup>IO>{input, output, bus}, the Playback Dialog panel and the Audio/MIDI Audio setup panel showing the aggregate. Drag that Aggregate I/O window as wide as possible so that we can clearly read all the CoreAudio default I/O naming.

And to start with you don't' just hit the default button to fully default I/O fully. You also need to select all the current I/O paths and delete them, then default the I/O.

So ignoring all the I/O names which only matter to wetware, not Pro Tools or the Interface. If you output say to output 1/2 does it work as expected? (i.g. to output 1/2 of the first device in the aggregate?)

Other questions, that might help: do you have the PreSonus in Interface mode or not? (I'm not asking if it's connected as a USB interface, I'm asking if you are turning on Interface mode-you might well not want to, we have no idea what you are doing).

Is your UAD Console IO Matrix set to default?

You should likely be creating custom I/O settings with no session open and saving them to a PIO file. Work simply/keep stuff as simple as possible.

---

Before worrying about renaming IO did you confirm the aggregate IO works stably enough for you, while tracking (not playing back) at the IO buffer size you want to work at. Aggregate IO can be pretty flaky, it's not supported by Avid for more than adding Built-In Output to a device, and I'm not sure if Presonus or UAD put much effort into their drivers in getting this to work stably, vendors that seems to try are Motu and maybe RME. Hopefully you have both devices clocked off the same source. Personally I'd just not trust aggregate I/O and would be buying hardware with compatible expansion, like ADAT/SMUX, Madi, or network I/O.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 08-12-2022 at 05:13 PM.