View Single Post
Old 05-19-2003, 06:59 PM

Default Session icon file \'truncated\'.... it\'s gone.

My pc just ate a session I've been working on for some time. It ate only the session icon file.
Just as I was doing a Bounce to Disk, I stopped the bounce (Ctrl . ), to change something. After changing it (deleting a small Audio region), my pc simply rebooted. When it came back, I got a 'We need to check Drive H' prompt. As it was checking it, it said "The file 'Paint. pts' is invalid and has been truncated".
When the pc came back up, I opened PT, then clicked on that 'Paint' file to open it. But it said 'Cannot open...blah blah'. So I rebooted, and now the file is totally gone. I did a search, and can only find a little 1kb shortcut of the PT icon.
I did a System Restore from 2:30pm today, and no luck (I was mixing around 7pm when it happened).

Somehow, my session backups aren't there, though I've always had it checked in the past. And as for saving while I'm recording, it's a habit now to save after every new edit function I do.

Sorry for all the details. Does anyone have any ideas I might try? All the audio files are there, and a couple of initial session icons, but this is the one with the most work applied to it... thanks, Roy