View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 06:30 AM

Default Re: Error 7401 with EastWestQL's "Play" and Virtual Instruments

thanks to you guys for answering :)
Ok, regular system overview, will do that when i get back home. sure it would be long, but what i have currently is monsterous :P so i'll make a new one.

Yes, 4gb ram is borderline, but it actually runs fine. Also, I have a hard time believing that it is that simple, considering so many experience this problem with so many combo's (PT with some virtual instrument set).

And yes, all instruments are updated

btw, another thing; after some time, audio begins crackeling, really uncomfortable and cant be good for speakers either... My resource monitor tells me its working at the same level as "pre-crackeling". Pause+resume does not help, only gets increasingly worse. Restart PT works, but doing so every 10-20mins is kinda unproductive... My best guess is my ASIO4All driver is messsing up, or simply that the stock audio card on the 2-3 year old Gigabyte motherboard is not handling [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]... Any thoughts?

As a note, I dont think the old motherboard is the problem for 7401 error, as it doesnt seem to be a harware problem to me, and should have been mentioned in at least one of the 10-20 different threads i have read of people having this issue... (Ofc, this is just my personal guess, please feel free to inform me otherwise).

bit long post there, i appreciate ur time guys :)