View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 04:08 AM

Default Re:Keys to Success at a Studio (From \"Employment\")

Please explain your brilliance on attaining a paid internship fakshen?!? I must confess the notepad idea came from another engineer here in atlanta. She did an article for Mix Magazine. Her article was the impetous and inspiration for a list from my perspective. It was an incredible article and if I can find the name of the author and the issue I'll post a link here!

To JC!

WOW! how did you ever get that impression. Internships are still the mainstay to completeing most Post High School educations. I kown a few studios that it would be well worth anybody's while to save and intern at, here in Atlanta. If you know someone looking to "Break Into" the market. Go to my web site and contact me. BTW There is no such thing as a "Mindless Animal". All of us are driven by passions beyond our control. For the Salmon it just happens to be the urge to get back home and get LAID! (Pardon me Mr./Ms. Webmaster but this is a fact you can see on Discovery Channel every day).

If you are a Studio Owner, then how you conduct your business is completely your desision. If you are an intern or regular employee then, at the very least, respect for the man or woman that made your entry into your chosen profession or your weekly paystub possible. Even in the worst situations, there is always something of value to learn. If only to know how "NOT" to do things. If you or a freind find yourself in a similar happenstance where the engineer won't give you the shot you want, then make the absolute most of and ANNOUNCE every opportunity you've been given as "The Latest and Greatest" that you've done, no matter how small it seems at the moment.

Working ANYWHERE for ANY amount of money should be thought of as a chance to build your resume and hone your skills as an engineer. If your impression of your internship was "old crusty grey haired" with both hands superglued to the board then perhaps you should have done a bit more research on the facility. Everyone looking to intern should be looking for internships like any other job they want. Teat it as if they were looking for the facility they want to Die Superglued to the console at... LOL!

This industry fires the souls of real engineers. If your in it for the money and fame you may want to go intern for Donald Trump or stay a recording artist! With extreme talent, determination, guts, and odds worse than the lottery you'll be good enough to sell a few million albums and get that new H2.

Eric

Eric Heil
Angelic Productions, LLC
More Pro Tools rigs than I can shake a stick at...
www.AngelicLive.com
FaceBook Me!