View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 12:29 PM

Default Bug in Audiosuite processing stereo files in region bin 7.4

There appears to be a bug introduced in 7.4 (I'm on an HD rig, but I believe I've observed the same behaviour on a PTLE rig) in the handling of Audiosuite processes on stereo regions in the region bin, which makes batch processing of stereo files more cumbersome. Would appreciate confirmation from others.

In previous versions (up through 7.3.1cs5), you could select a split stereo file in the region bin, perform an audiosuite process on it with the "Playlist/Region List" selector set to "Region List", and you would get a split stereo file with the process name *pre-pended* to the final .L/.R suffix - this then behaved as a normal split stereo pair.

Now, in 7.4 (up to cs3), when you perform the same steps, you get *two* files with the process name appended to the file name *after* the .L/.R designation - this means that the files are no longer treated as a stereo pair.

Example: original split stereo is "Audio.L/Audio.R", it's selected in the region list and it is *not* on a track, and you're using the Audiosuite Gain plug-in with the "Region List/Playlist" selector set to "Region List", "Use in Region List" *not* selected.
In previous versions the result would be "Audio-Gain-00.L/Audio-Gain-00.R".
In 7.4 the result is "Audio.L-Gain-00 / Audio.R-Gain-00"

If the Audiosuite plug is used on a file on a track with the "Region List / Playlist" selector set to "Playlist" things behave normally.

Best,
rich

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6