View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 03:10 AM

Default Re: Considering Switching to Pro Tools 10

Hey Chris,

I took a look at your photo of your set-up...very nice. I have two quickies for you.

1. What size is your LCD TV? I have a 2 monitor set-up (HP 24" & HP 19") older monitors which look like crap....lol, poor resolution and old technology. Recnetly, as I am getting older I am having trouble seeing the screens and even though they have HDMI inputs which I use, when i blow up the resolution so I can see well the picture looks pretty bad. Not crisp and clean looking. I have to set it to 1900x1200 for it to look good. So I considered getting an LCD maybe a 36"-40" and use 1 screen. My question is, how does your resolution look and can you blow up the size to where is looks clean?

2. I also have the Mackies HR824's as well and have considered moving to a Focal monitor. The issue I have is even when sitting in the sweet spot, I always have to move back about 18" to get the accurate bass response coming from the monitors. I have my room treated properly and such but can never seem to get the bass accurate from the mix position. I was wondering if you had the same issue?

Thanks in advance