View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Vista Business or Ultimate Only?

Quote:
And if your running a buisness you better be running Buisness Editition if its a commercial venture.
Wow - sunburst, you couldn't be further from the mark. Neither care what version you have installed unless it isn't properly licensed. And the BSA doesn't just "show up" unless you have HIGH volumes of both insider complaints AND potential license offenses. They usually start first with a series of "prove it" letters...

But the real issue probably is that testing on even a small number of platforms/configurations is VERY time intensive. So, while I agree that not including Home Premium in the list right now is disappointing (which btw, is the setup I am currently running just fine with PTLE 7.4), luckily we have this great group of users who try it anyway and report their results.

My assumption is that DIGI is a mac shop first, and windows second. Therefore I'm guessing (based on over a decade of software development experience) they set a few "lowest common denominators" in the PC realm with the intent to expand the "approved" list down the road.

In any case - I'm just trying to figure out if my 7.3 ignition pack and factory schwag will play nice with Vista. Any takers?