View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Vista Business or Ultimate Only?

Quote:
The comparison chart supports what you are saying:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ns/choose.mspx

I don't have any version yet, but want to upgrade - I"d sure like to know the rationale as to why only the two versions are supported.
Digi is actually a relatively small and lean company they don't always have the resources to teat every version of a software or every hardware platform. So they have to make some choices.

If the Buisness Software Alliance or one of Microsofts inspection teams shows up at your buisness from what I understand you better be using XP Pro or Vista Buisness in a commercial environment be it manufactoring, a partition farm or a recording studio. So approving Buisness is a must for Digi.

After that you look at the three Home versions and try to maximise your investment of time. I would think Ultimate would present the most challenges and is also more likely to be shipping on the type of hardware PT likes to run on. It also has all of the components of Home Premium and Basic.

I don't speak for Digi but I'm sure that their thinking must have been somewhat along the same lines.

Truthfully why not wait a couple of weeks and see how its running on the various versions?

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88