View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Behringer BCF2000 <-> PT, MIDI problems

Sorry for the jargon. PT GUI = Pro Tools Graphical User Interface. Basically what's on your screen when Pro Tools is launched. Drawing that stuff occupies resources; when the resources run low, something's gotta give. The display, the application functionality or both. Do you have send meters turned on, scrolling turned on, any other of the fun stuff that changes the picture on your screen?

Yup, the pic of the automation values on track 2 only vaguely resemble track 1. It looks like they change at roughly the same times, but stutter.

As far as the IRQ situation, I think it will show only in the BIOS. I'm not geek enough (and I use "geek" with the utmost respect!) to talk you through this. Perhaps a Google search and a light read of the results would help, or perhaps one of the old hands can jump in on that. In brief, the IRQ channels are the pathways that the commands and signals use to go in and out of the various parts of the machine. If the channel the BCF is on has lots of other traffic, you'll potentially get a "traffic jam". Sometimes the IRQs can be changed, sometimes they can't AFAIK.

Anyone?