View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 07:17 AM

Default Re: Pro tools LE 8 unable to locate hardware

Any time I see "unable to locate hardware" and "002" in the same post, I suspect the power harness. I see you are new here so welcome to the DUC and fasten your seatbelt. The 002 power harness is a known issue that plagues nearly every 002 at some point(and often more than once). What happens is the pins and sockets on the connectors inside get oxidation buildup and things quit working. DIGI has been very good about providing replacement harnesses for free regardless of how long you have owned the unit as long as you are the registered owner. However, you may solve your problem(at least for a while) by opening the unit and reseating the connectors several times each(to scrape thru the oxide buildup). If you have the rack version, pop the top, find the PSU on the right side(front toward you) and look for 3 white plastic connectors. If you have the mixer version, flip it over(on a folded towel) and remove all the screws on the bottom. Now SLOWLY, lift the bottom and note the PSU that is attached to the bottom pan. You need to disconnect it but PAY ATTENTION to how the wires attach so you can get it back together. Once inside, there are 4 connectors and 1 is hidden under the midi/firewire board which is held by a few screws on the board AND a couple on the back between some jacks. I know this sounds daunting but if you take your time and even use a digital camera and shot photos as you go, you will be fine. Work each connection 5-6 times and the odds are very good that you will be up and running.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave