View Single Post
Old 10-20-2022, 05:07 PM

Default Re: New desktop Avid Interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
I agree. They might see some sort of brand continuance as positive but it's actually a downgrade. This would've been a good time to move past that name.

I still don't understand the totally disparate product lines. Each with different connection formats and distinct incompatible software. Again it would have been good time to consolidate all that. Hope they don't have a new version of PT for this. PT Artist M-Powered! (even though M-powered was weirdly not for the Mbox)

It has been 20 years since the original Mbox, and 10 years since the Mbox Pro. I imagine there will be a whole new generation of users whose experience with Mboxes will only start with this new Studio version.

Seems like they are still very much stuck in the headspace of PT M-Powered, PT LE and PT HD, with USB, AVB and Digilink now on the cards.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.