View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Digi 001 issues with Tracktion 2.1

I have just installed a Digi 001 on my new computer AMD 4400 Dual Core w/ 2 gig of ram. I have used this unit previously on my old machine with success AMD 1100 1gig of ram. Normally I use a Tone Port UX2 to record with Mackie’s Tracktion 2.1. This works flawlessly for me. BUT…… now I need to record more than 2 tracks at a time, welcome my trusty Digi 001.

I was able to get it installed on my Dual Core, which has XP Home on it. I used the 6.1 Asio Drivers. I went into Tracktion’s settings and set the input for the 8 analog channels of the Digi 001. Everything is fine, so….. I started by trying to record with just 2 tracks enabled after about 5 seconds I get an error message saying “The audio playout device has unexpectedly stopped..” At that point I went into the Latency settings and set it to 46.4 milliseconds (2048 samples). I tried to record again with just 2 tracks enabled and still got the same error message. Tracktion has the option to use ASIO direct mode, so I chose that and still no difference.

I normally can play back 40 tracks with effect with no problem with my Tone Port UX2, so I’m a little frustrated. I really need to record 8 tracks simultaneously. Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
Gor