View Single Post
Old 10-09-2021, 02:33 PM

Default Avid Control unable to connect Win10

I just upgraded EuControl and Avid Control to the latest versions 2021.6, but am unable to connect from the apps. Tried both my older iPad Mini in the dock, and a separate iPad Pro, same results.

The Avid Dock connects fine, and the Avid Control did once or twice sporadically but then never again.

I tried all the usual tricks and searched the forums. No avail.

It seems to be in the discovery. The app and the EuControl cannot discover each other reliably. Didn't used to be a problem until this latest version.

I did verify networking, and made sure nothing was blocked in the network security settings.

The one curious error I do get in the Windows log is this:

Bad service type in EUCON_Node_Browser 73-B5-61-26-00-00 20720._EuDOF-AllKlierBFC._tcp.local. Application protocol name must be underscore plus 1-15 characters. See <http://www.dns-sd.org/ServiceTypes.html>

It's there many times coinciding with times I tried to make the app connect.

Wonder if there's a new bug in the latest version that doesn't like Windows 10 installs?

Sometimes I wish there was a way of just telling it which IP address to talk to. Automatic discover is wonderful when it works, but just very frustrating when it doesn't.