View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 08:31 AM

Default Re: MIDI Weirdness ?

Well, in the effort to clean things up with multiple MIDI gadgets, I added a MOTU micro lite and that helps, but....... It's still not working and very frustrating. (again, PT 2020 on Windows 10 Pro)

I just don't' get it. Everything wants to play my drums no matter what LOL !!!

I set up 3 instrument tracks (stereo). On the micro-lite, I have a Korg synth in MIDI Port 1, a Yamaha synth in MIDI Port 2, and Yamaha e-drums in MIDI Port 3. MIDI Preferences for the Default Thru connection is set for "first selected MIDI track." If I change it to "none," then nothing plays.

The instrument tracks are Slate Drums (assigned to the e-kit), a Waves Grand Rhapsody Piano (assigned to Korg synth), and an Arturia Mellotron (assigned to the Yamaha synth).

The Korg is set internally to MIDI Ch 1, Yamaha synth set to MIDI CH 2, and the Yamaha drums are MIDI CH 10 according to Yamaha customer service.

Any of them set up alone will work fine, but nothing works together. One other strange thing is that I can't set the Slate track to record-enable either, but the other 2 instruments can.

It doesn't matter how I set them up in "MIDI Devices" only the drums play. There's even no difference if there's *nothing* in Midi Devices, either.

How hard does it have to be? I go into my other DAW (Mixbus32c) and I get it all done in 5 minutes. In only a couple more minutes, I have an added Garritan string section playing while also assigned to the piano as well. IOW, they were all ACTIVE simultaneously! Is it too much to expect for Pro Tools to do this as well?

What else am I missing here? This just doesn't seem straightforward. I really want to believe this can work somehow. People have to be doing this on a major basis everyday somewhere, what's the secret???