View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 06:45 AM

Location: Current: Ikebukuro, Tokyo, Hails from: San Francisco
Default Re: Current Axe-Fx user Very curious about the Eleven Rack - couple of quick question

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis View Post
Dumb question (and lazy):

Can you hook up two Eleven Racks at the same time into ProTools? i.e. can a 2 guitar band track into 11R and into ProTools at the same time?
That's an interesting question. You can technically hook one up as the interface, and run the other through SPDIF. That would be the easy way.

In PT9, you theoretically could create an "aggregate" device comprised of the two Eleven Racks, and configure the IO accordingly.

The real problem in both situations is how the comp, and thusly PT, sees each Eleven Rack when both are hooked up through USB. Also, what would happen when PT tried to run the Eleven Rack window? Would it get confused? Change both Eleven Racks simultaneously? Would PT latch on to one? Or just collapse altogether? If I had two Eleven Racks I would try.

Anyway, to answer your question, as far as I know, the only way to successfully hook up just two Eleven Racks, is to have one be the interface, and one as a standalone processor. Of course, only the interface one will be hooked up through USB. And the standalone one will be synced to the interface one's clock through SPDIF. Also by connecting an output to amp on the standalone one, to a Line In on the interface one, you should be able to get the dry track as well.
RME Fireface 800
Eleven Rack