View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 06:19 AM

Default Re: Promo for perpetual license holders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
Predictable? Yes. Understandable? Within the confines of being a publicly traded company, yes. From a user's point of view? Avid's contempt for their users is shameful, but it's been this way for years. There's almost always a "gotcha." At least their support department can still override and rectify the crappy behaviour on occasion....
Sorry but blanket pronouncements about "from a users pint of view" are false and simply represent your's or some users, views, not all users . Personally as a "user " who did re-up every year, I found the gaming scheme, to be the "gotcha" in that situation, and an inequitable oversight on Avid's part. And "Avid's contempt for their users" is also a subjective personal assessment.

Do I like all Avid's pricing policies ? No.
Would I like to see PT be less expensive ? Yes
Do I blame Avid for my personal choice to continue to use PT ? No

Do I understand why users who find "Avid's contempt for it's users shameful" continue to use Avid products, when there are other completely viable options of hardware and software ? ...that would be, Not really ....

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...